Monday Mojo – My Favourite Day Of The Week
Why Monday’s are magic.
Making stuff happen on a Monday! My Favourite. YAY.
I love Mondays, always have and most probably always will. Then again I’m not your normal nine to five type of gal.
Monday is just a day of the week, it’s the mindset that creates trepidation and fuels the “I hate Monday’s” cartoons and Instagram pictures demanding coffee before being present on a Monday.
What if we turned it all around and you started to love Mondays and the magic they can create for you?
So for those of you that are heading back to work this week, or the ones that have worked through Christmas and New Year, it’s time to see Monday in a new light if you don’t already.
Monday’s can be magic. They set the scene for the week and can kick start fantastic momentum. It’s your chance to write the script and you’ve got a whole other week in front of you to work closer to your goals.
Here are 3 reasons to make the most of your Monday’s
- There are 7 days in the week, someday isn’t one of them. So if theres something you need to be starting or a new project or goal, why not start it on a Monday.
- Monday things start moving again: MOST people are back at work on a Monday, offices are open, business is alive and there are lots of opportunities to connect, follow up on elements that in progress and make a time to sit down and find out what’s coming up on the week ahead.
- Hit the ground running. Monday’s are there for you to dive into, planning done the day before for your winning week you can wake up with passion and purpose knowing what you’ve got on and that you’ve got another week ahead to live the life you love. I use Sunday’s to plan my weeks and identify any key areas for focus and extra attention, by the time Monday morning comes around I’m not stressing about what to do this week but already up, ready to make things happen.
For example: I use Monday’s as a wonderful way to reconnect on key things before the busy week kicks in:
I have my workout first thing in the morning, recap the weeks goals with my team, review any emails, create my content and editorial platforms and connect with key clients.
I don’t overload my agenda, and my limit travel on Monday’s (and Friday’s) as much as I can unless I’m presenting or running a workshop somewhere.
Last Friday I wrote about the fact we need to give people without a plan, a tiny bit of a break right now.
If you can’t map your way for your year right now, consider creating your winning week and start viewing Monday’s as a chance to kick off the week ahead with passion and purpose.
Balancing work, kids school runs and all sort of other responsibilities? Then try to plan your Monday’s to be as uncluttered as possible.
- Avoid cramming everything for the week in the first day. Just focus on what’s vital and create a mindset of purpose and positivity.
Living what you love is not just about putting everything into the work pillar – it’s also understand the role each area plays in your life and that you can blend the best of your world by creating a day that includes a little of everything.
- Make time for some fitness, spend some moments with family, work on the business or focus on the job when at work and ensure you have some time out for yourself, friends and your own personal tasks.
We have the same number of hours in the day as Richard Branson or Beyonce for example, it all comes down to how you want to use them.
So it’s time to throw out old beliefs about Mondays and get ready to live a life you love every day, starting with the coolest day of the week.
Welcome to Monday Mojo.
Here’s 3 ways quick I can help right now if you need it:
Have a read of this blog post on gold stars for adults and how your actions can set a great example for others around you
Connect with me on Facebook and ask me any questions you’ve got that may be preventing you from finding the elusive but wonderful Monday Mojo.
Get your 5 Elements of A Winning Week Worksheet and tips on how to use it.
MAKE THE MOST OF JANUARY OFFER FOR MY SUPER AWESOME VITALITY ROAD MAP ONLINE – ENROL BEFORE 31 JAN AND RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF MY BOOK – SIGNED AND PERSONALISED. CLICK HERE TO GO DIRECT TO THE COURSE OR THE IMAGE BELOW.
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Have you joined my Monday Mojo crew yet? Just complete the form below.