Fresh Food – Dumplings Made Easy
Struggling to be inspired about cooking something when you get home from work? Wishing your kids would eat their vegetables? Then this new innovation in the kitchen from Rice Cube inventor Ross Patten, could make you the at home ‘Master Chef’ in no time.
Just awarded the Best Innovative and New Design product at the Food Fair the Dumpling Cube is a fantastic addition to your kitchen if you love fresh ingredients and an opportunity to try something different.
I’ve already been using the Rice Cube for a long time and recommend it as part of a healthy living ideas list – so the Dumpling Cube is a fun addition to this. Great with make friends or to get your kids into the kitchen too.
Here’s our first attempt at making fresh steamed dumplings at home with both vegetarian (for me) and prawn version for guests too.
What you’ll need (note this is the really simple version I made myself and the video below will give you tips from the pro’s).
- Wonton paper
- Bok Choy or Chinese greens
- Cooked and minced Prawns or cooked and minced tofu
- Spring onion
- Mung Beans
- Diced Ginger
- Red Capsicum
- Coriander and or mint finely chopped and de-stalked
- Macadamia or Olive Oil (Tip Brookfarm have a chilli infused macadamia oil that is wonderful to drizzle over your ingredients before blending
- Salt reduced dipping sauce – such as a teriyaki or soy sauce base
What to do
- Dice all your ingredients then blend in a mixer or a bowl until sticky in consistency to form your filling.
- Grab your wonton paper and place 2 sheets laid flat on a lightly floured
- Spoon a portion into each wonton so that it sits nicely in the middle (do not over fill)
- Fold the Dumpling Cube over and it will form a nice case for your dumplings.
- Open up the cube and place your ready to go dumplings in a bowl to cook
- Repeat the above steps 2 – 5 until you have enough for serving
Tip it helps to lightly pan sear each side of the dumplings in a hot non stick fry pan before placing the lid over and allowing to steam for 3-5 minutes max depending your ingredients.
Serve with fresh ginger, chilli and dipping sauce. YUMMO!
Here are my no filter pics from our kitchen and you can watch Ross’s own video below too!
Like this recipe and want to see more fun ideas on fresh healthy food made easy? Then drop me a comment below.
Until next time, health & happiness
You can try the product at The Love Shack in Peregian Beach as well!
HQ of Rice Cube so always lots of fun innovative ideas in the kitchen.