TVC 040: Fit in The City 48 Hours in San Fran
5 Tips for fast fitness in the city when you’re traveling in San Francisco. I was in San Fran last week for a mere 48 hours as we set up the plans for my book launch next year. It feels in between seasons as a constant drizzle and then the odd downpour hits the city and creates a 50 shades of grey across the skyline.
We were having the “In and Out Burger” experience but in a fitness element, with such limited time. I’m going to call this trip the fly-thru through rather than the drive-thru!
(Not that I eat In & Out Burgers but I’ve heard you can get the healthy version of a lettuce burger without the bun, just saying….)
We hit the ground running – literally. Catching an early flight in from LA here are my 5 top tips for some fast fitness and healthy living in one of my favourite cities.
No matter what time of the year you are here these all rock. As we head into winter it’s the perfect time to pull out the beanie, grab your body warmer and hit the streets for some fresh air and meet some super cool people.
1. Breakfast at the Four Seasons on Market Street. We had the most incredible fresh breakfast here with great service. Yummo. Highly recommended. This is also a classic meeting point if you’re doing business. We had our PR and media meetings in the bar/restaurant area – it was totally central and a great base for our stay.
2. Yoga at Lululemon (inside the Westfield Centre on Market Street tucked up on the second floor in the corner this store rocks some amazing yoga classes for their community). Head in and see Nicole and her team and check out their notice board for classes, instructors and fun sessions of yoga and more.
3. Run around the Bay Area with the Golden Gate Bridge as your view. Take a tram down to the Bay Area Bridge and run around this incredible space that features it’s own colony of seals, a fantastic area for running, cycling or walking. Nicole from Urban Outfitters recommended the staircase on Clay – a pretty awesome workout for your cardio and your legs if you want to boost your metabolism and get an incredible view of the city.
4. Try indoor rock climbing while you are in the Bay Area at the uber cool and very fun. Planet Granite are situated by the Golden Gate Bridge. Not to mention it’s nearby one of my altime fav sports stores – Sports Basement. Mission cliffs has an amazing centre called Touchstone Climbing. See the links at the end of this post.
5. Head out for an incredible mountain bike ride or trail run in the Mill Valley, Marin County area. Actually one of my favourite places of all time. If you’re in doubt of where to ride or run head into see the guys at Studio Velo in the heart of Mill Valley. Scott and Terry do fantastic Sunday session rides, plus they can ensure you get on the right bike for your level and conditions. From complete newbie to pro’s.
Also newly opened Mt Tam Dog Co have an awesome trail walk/run that it dog friendly. YAY! Head in-store to this cute little dog boutique and get the low-down from Erin or Melissa on best trails for you and your 4-legged training buddy to go explore. I got roxy dog her own Santa sweater for Christmas while I was there….
Overall San Fran has to be one of my favourite cities. We have not even scratched the surface with this post. I just wanted to give you a mini guide to feeling fit in the city if you’re there on business and need some motivation to explore. I can’t wait to share top restaurant tips, healthy eating, great coffee places and cool accommodation in future posts.
In the meantime hope you enjoyed getting a little sneak peak at our 48 hours in the city and how much we enjoyed our stay.
Got comments, top tips and your fav San Fran spots then drop a line below.
Health & Happiness – and remember healthy living and running a successful business go hand in hand – so think about your health as your wealth.
Lululemon San Francisco Centre