Fit Food: Poached Eggs With Avocado & Basil Salsa
Poached eggs on gluten free toast have been a go-to simple meal for me any time of day.
If you’re working late and come home exhausted, chances are you’re not feeling like making a big meal and you’re more than likely apt to snack on things that are unhealthy as well.
Try thinking differently about meal times and looking for easy to make recipes that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Here’s a quick recipe for eggs on toast I made the other evening, with not much in the fridge it was satisfying, quick and delicious!
Ingredients and steps:
- Chop up a handful of basil
- 1 Avocado – chopped and into a mini blender or bowl
- Combine with the finely chopped basil (note you can substitute with coriander if preferred)
- Add a pinch of Himalayan Salt and a dash of cracked pepper
- Blend together well
- 2 large organic eggs FREE RANGE (no cage eggs please..) Poach in water for 2 minutes – top lightly with boiling water as they cook without drowning the egg
- Toast 1 or x slices of gluten free or dark rye bread – toasted.
Spread the avocado salsa onto the bread or pile on the side next to the poached eggs.
Top with chopped basil or herbs and sprinkle with chia seeds. Add more freshly cracked pepper to taste.
Fortify your basic eggs with extra spinach, salad, chopped herbs and freshly diced tomato. Get creative and start enjoying fresh ingredients with simple flair.
For more recipes and fit food ideas CLICK HERE