Aloha from Hawaii. Inspired by some local produce in Maui I have to share this delicious, refreshing and VERY easy to make salad that quickly became one of my favourite meals last week.
What you’ll need (Try to get organic ingredients if possible and wash your greens in filtered water before use)
- Grape Tomatoes
- Grated Carrot
- Grated Beetroot
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts crushed
- Organic honey – 2 tablespoons
- Avocado or an avocado home-made guacamole
- VIP Extra: Crumbled Soft Goats Cheese
- Protein choices: Grilled salmon, chicken, tofu or tempeh. This actually also works really well with Falafel.
Optional extra – macadamia oil or cold pressed olive oil to drizzle over your salad as well.
1. Mix all your salad ingredients together in a large bowl (keeping the macadamia and honey aside)
2. Place them onto a plate and then brush honey on one side of the plate, sprinkling the macadamia nuts across the honey
3. Serve with warm wheat free tortillas if you’d like a mexican feel! Or perhaps some sticky black rice for an extra carb boost.
The picture above shows the salad with the macadamia nut and honey on top – I like to serve it on the side of the plate as well to blend as you choose.
This salad was inspired by Milargos Mexican in Paia.
Fresh, fun and a recommendation for lunch or dinner for sure!
For last weeks travel fit blog click here
To sign up for my Hawaii Travel Fit guide out in June – click here
Health & Happiness