Fast Fitness For 2: Swiss Ball Crunch & Overhead Press
The saying goes people that workout together, stay together. When you make date to train you are so much more likely to stick to it! According to an American study 94% more likely actually.
Whether you have a partner in your life, a secret crush or you’re single and fancy free, then there is a lot be said for heading out on a Fit Date!
Training with a buddy can be fun, engaging and turns up the resistance on body weight exercises you can do.
Here’s a quick swiss ball exercise for two!
A classic crunch together with a swiss ball keeps the weight light, but still really works those abs.
1. Start holding the ball then lie back with the ball behind your head.
2. Come up to a crunch and your training partner takes the ball and repeats the same on their side.
You can swop this with a medicine ball and get the tempo and weight up as your skills and strength progress
Tip: Many people do this too fast and miss the whole point of the exercise: control and full extension of the abs. Take your time and wow your date with technique
Top 10 FIT DATE ideas:
- Mountain Biking or head out for a road bike together
- Stand Up Paddle
- Learn to Surf
- Weekend hike or run then coffee or juice
- Head to a Cross Fit or Boot Camp class together
- Ocean swim or local pools
- Go to a rock climbing wall or place they have it outdoors near you
- Cable park to water ski or learn to wake board
- Learn to kite surf
- Go get fit with your date and your dog – taking your dog out for a walk or run together is an instant way to see if the three of you connect. Dogs know what’s best for their owners right?
Remember it does not matter what your current fitness level or skill level is. The whole point about a fit date is to show your interests and that you have a passion to live a healthy life or to increase your motivation and combine catching up with your best friend and work out at the same time.
Health & Happiness