It’s getting cooler in the Southern hemisphere now and a great way to kick start the day and boost your metabolism is with a hearty breakfast. You can make bircher muesli in so many different ways and it’s an easy to prepare dish – getting things ready the night before so you can enjoy a fast and delicious breakfast the next morning.
I’ve been an ambassador for Australian macadamia and natural food company Brookfarm for over 3 years now. I use their products on a daily basis for our own cooking, recipes and at our retreats, also during presenting and workshops with their delicious Walkabout Mix and healthy snack bars.
Dairy free, gluten free options are my choice – although you can add either organic milk and use the standard Bircher options. This recipe is based on the Brookfarm Bircher ready to go Muesli – you can absolutely make your own Bircher from scratch, but I wanted to share one of the favourite dishes in our household at the moment for some fast fit food.
A fun take on simple muesli with just a few ingredients!
What you’ll need
- 1-2 cups Bircher Muesli (or your own creation)
- 1/4 cup Chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup Frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 – 3/4 Almond Milk pending on the texture you like for the end result
- Chia Seeds
1. Mix the muesli with your almond milk, almonds, 1/4 cup blueberries and chia seeds:
2. Leave to soak overnight (or even for 45mins) in the fridge – keep covered
3. To serve, stir then add additional almond milk and sprinkle some of the remaining blueberries on top.
Top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or greek yoghurt
Grated apple is ideal to use in the start to add volume and some sweetness to your muesli
Sliced kiwifruit and banana are also delicious.
Remember healthy living is a way of life, keep it simple and enjoy mixing up your routine and trying new dishes.
Check out other recipes for busy people and Fit Food here
Health & Happiness