A few weeks ago this wonderful box of goodness arrived on my doorstep from the team at BSc Naturals. These guys are always dedicated to shaking things up a little and an eye for detail, even the packaging was based on recycled materials.
So I embarked on a series of recipe testing, trying their different products and figuring out my favourites. What’s all the fuss about finding as many natural ingredients as you can and having simple fresh food?
Many of us underestimate the journey from average eating patterns to having a balanced healthy lifestyle.
Here are some ” side effects of healthy eating”: Be Warned …they are addictive.
- Frequent jumping about with unbounded energy
- Increased metabolism
- Mobility and physical strength
- Smiling A LOT
- Feeling great
- Clear Skin
- Shiny Hair
- Happy demeanour – no more cranky bear
- Ability to get out of bed in the morning without a fork lift
- Infecting others with your positivity (warning not everyone is keen on this infectious enthusiasm…)
- Feel fitter
- Feel faster
- Think clearer
- Make better decisions
- Sleep better
Just sounds horrid? NO WAY. This is what we want.
Most of the time I opt for as much fresh ingredients as possible and this results in a diet that is rich in natural vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, fibre and healthy fats. However I also travel A LOT and no week is the same so having a back up plan and a healthy go to snack and smoothie survival guide makes everything easier to balance.
So let’s get started delving in to the all-naturals box and making some healthy clean no-nonsense food together.
- Dairy Free
- Additive Free
- No Artificial Flavours
- Super quick
- Super delicious!
- No Additives
To kick it off, here is a Super Smoothie. Ideal for the weekends when you can take more time to make a mega smoothie and stock up on different ingredients
What You’ll Need
- BSc Naturals Vegan Protein Powder (can’t buy this near you? drop me a line for some where to buy tips or alternatives)
- Frozen banana
- Frozen Mango
- Frozen chopped kiwifruit
- Blueberries or frozen berries
- 1/2 avocado
- Coconut Water (I used C Coconut Water)
- 1 tsp Super Greens
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Ice Cubes
- Spinach ( I keep mine in the freezer)
- 1 tsp L-Glutamine
What to do
- Throw all of this in a sturdy blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into A GIANT Glass, recycled jar that’s now your smoothie glass, or two if you’re sharing
- Make extra and keep in a jar with lid, in the fridge for later in the day or to be generous and share 🙂
Expect to get a kick from your taste buds and have this as your new favourite weekend treat.
You’ll feel like you’ve just recharged your batteries, satisfied your appetite and given your body something substantial to enjoy some nutritional upgrades.
Remember the secret to successful weight loss and health is a combination of nutrient rich, healthy foods at regular intervals throughout the day. It’s time to get used to snacks as a good thing!
Remember to feed back, comment in the box below and also sign up to my FREE VIPFIT email list
Receive my blog to your inbox once a week with all the highlights you need to stay motivated, mindful and achieve success in living your best life ever!
Health & Happiness