360Fit: Knee Tuck Push Up. Push Ups 101:
A simple exercise to add to your push up repertoire as part of my 360 Fit series.
If you’ve read other articles or programs of mine you’ll know that I am a fan of push ups for overall fitness and as part of a weekly routine for body weight exercises.
Whether you’re just starting out or mastering the pro moves, there are many positives to doing push ups.
Here’s a few to get you motivated:
- They work your whole body
- Are a great express exercise if you have limited time
- Can work your cardio pending reps They Build Strength
- Activate large muscle groups including your glutes, if you do them correctly
- Kick start your metabolism
- There are many different combinations to keep it interesting, and mix up your workouts
Here’s the knee tuck variation for you to try this week:
I actually like to do this exercise as a push up knee tuck on suspension straps (as seen in former issues of my articles for Women’s Health & Fitness Magazine) – but here’s one you can do with no equipment necessary.
Start in a push up position.
Complete one push up then add a single knee tuck on right knee before you do another push up – repeat with the left knee single tuck and so forth. Start with 2 and build up.
Once you’ve aced it pick up the pace and put a jump in between from one foot to the other so you do a left and right knee tuck then a push up.
If you are just starting out and getting into push ups then get my basic HOW TO guide for FREE with the WakeUpWorkout for CLICK HERE
Don’t forget to sign up to get my blog posts, updates, podcasts and videos straight to your inbox every week by clicking here