Does it ever feel as if life is just speeding by and you’re running from one thing to the next, without time to pause and re-group? You’ve lost your sense of humour, balance in life, feeling more sensitive, are easily stressed and just not feeling quite yourself. There’s a pile of goals on a vision board or sheet of paper that you stare at, but nothing really comes to fruition?
Despite all the technology we have in our lives that is supposed to save time, it seems like people are more stressed and time poor than ever before. So how can we get our mojo back without turning our life upside down?
We’ll, good news! I’m going to help you fast track the most important goals off paper and into action – and more importantly show you how you can make 100% change in just 100 days.
The 1% rule. 14.4 minutes of your day dedicated to your most important goal.
Why does this work?
Replace the old habits with new ones 1% at a time. If you do this for 100 days you will be 100% better off than where you are now.
Think of the amount if time you spend ‘negotiating’ with yourself and talking your way in and out of doing what your truly love. 75% of conversations happen in our heads – why not use this time to be actively working on your goal and shout out the noise.
I coach my clients that consistency and conviction for what you do is the key to success. Here are 4 simple ways you can use 1% of your day to achieve your goals and bring happy back:
- Define your A List. Make a list of 5 key things that really make your heart sing and you have had on your to goal list for longer than you can remember. Take a moment and choose 1 thing that is THE most important to you right now.
- Plan it in: Then take your agenda and block out 14.4 minutes every day to dedicate towards something to do with this 1 goal/subject. It could be more cooking, spending time with your kids, doing yoga, reading or just being outside in the fresh air.
- Be transparent: Make the agenda note transparent and truly visible. I.e don’t code it hide it . If you want others to support you then be clear with what’s important to you, and this time is sacred.
- Make it Sacred: You can’t be interrupted, have meetings set or move it for anything other than a natural disaster. Plan ahead and ask for support if you need to shuffle things around.
Practice the 1% rule daily for 100 days. Reap the rewards of achieving daily milestones.
The benefits are fast and simple:
- The feeling of satisfaction, personal achievement and ability to actually lead others by example will lift your up emotionally and physically. Positivity breeds positivity, endorphins, pride and capability.
- Your body will reward you for being less stressed and more focused. A sense of achievement can relieve tension, reduce headaches that stem from concern and unresolved issues. Your staff will see you lead by example and your family will know you are serious and making a daily conscious effort to live the life you love.
- The biggest gains are often from the smallest steps. Put one foot in front of the other (or 14.4 minutes of your agenda aside) and recognise each day when you cross that time off your list as complete.
Why? If not now, when? Whether you’re reading this with a business vitality goal or you are trying to balance health, wealth and family – the most important thing is you need to realise this is it. Now is the time. You are a reflection of your approach to health, mindset and well being. If you want to be fitter, healthier and happier then YOU alone need to make this happen and start living the lifestyle that reflects the life you want. Making a goal a priority daily, and making time in your agenda will change your life and your mindset.
Go on, it’s 14.4 minutes – what have you got to loose? Go out there and start making it happen. Would love to hear what goals you set yourself for the next 100 days!
Leave a comment below
Yours in Vitality
More inspiration and top tips: Sign up to my Monday Mojo for Fitpreneurs and people who do things with life.Subscribe for free on iTunes to my Vitality Coach Podcast – now in over 80 countries!
Need some help planning your week of figuring out how to get started. Get VITALITY the book that includes all my top tips and quick tools to balance body and lifestyle goals seamlessly. Get 10% off by using the code VIP10 at checkout.
Leave a comment below – would love to hear your feedback and what you’d like to see more of.